Yields 1 cup of Dressing
* 3/4 cup salad oil
* 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (try sherry vinegar for a nice alternative)
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 2-4 tablespoons Jardin du Soleil Lavender Honey (start with less, then adjust to taste)
* 1-2 tablespoon Jardin du Soleil Culinary Lavender, ground**
* salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients except for salt and pepper in a bowl and blend or whisk well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving to allow ingredients to marinate. Whisk before serving.
Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
**Lavender can be finely ground in a spice grinder or in a thoroughly cleaned coffee grinder.
For an extra special taste, enjoy a sweet, savory, protein packed crunch on your salad. Simply candy walnuts or pecans with melted sugar and sprinkle with lavender and a little salt, then add to your salad. Gourmet has never been easier!