Lavender Festival 2016
Jardin du Soleil Lavender Festival
It’s time to celebrate lavender. This year Jardin du Soleil is pulling out all the stops. We have food, music, and vendors. We have kids crafts and adult crafts. We have essential oil demonstrations and craft demonstrations. We have a garden maze to get lost in, and we have a lawn to spread out and people watch (or even hula hoop) while enjoying great music. All this and more in our garden of the sun, surrounded by hundreds of acres of scenic Dungeness beauty.
This year Jardin du Soleil Lavender Festival takes place on July 15th-17th. The price for admission is $10 per person for all three days includes admission to the Olympic Lavender Festival , and a $5 coupon to the Jardin du Soleil gift shop. We are also offering a free shuttle to downtown Sequim and Olympic Lavender Farm.
Here are the specifics…
Jardin du Soleil is located 4 miles north of highway 101 at the Sequim Ave exit. If you want to drive yourself, there is plenty of free parking on the farm. Or if you are already downtown at the Street Fair, you can take our free shuttle from the Parking lot at Sequim Ave and Fir St.
July 15th-17th 2016. From 10 am to 6 pm.
Food and Drink:
- Maggie Mays Espresso and Outfitter. Voted best food truck in Western Washington 2014 by King5.
- Pacific Pantry. Artisan Deli and Meats. As well as local beer, wine, and cider.
- Viking Feast Ice Cream. Serving up their special recipe nordic ice cream. Their lavender flavors use Jardin du Soleil lavender. Get here early to try the chocolate, it is amazing.
Come dance and sing along to great music.
10:00 – 1:30 Bear Wolf – Acoustic Rock
2:00 – 5:00 Stringology – Acoustic Jazz – Hot Swing – Gypsy Acoustic
10:00 – 2:00 Bear Wolf – Acoustic Rock
2:30 – 5:30 The Malcolm Clark Trio – Blues
Bear Wolf – Acoustic Rock
Also this year Jardin du Soleil is hosting “Jungible” a Friday night concert series, every friday in July. During the Jardin du Soliel Lavender Festival, Jungible will be host to The Malcolm Clark Big Band. The blues legend, Malcolm Clark leads this dynamic blues and funk band with a full horn section. Tickets are sold separately and part of the proceeds will benefit local schools.
- U-Pick lavender – $5.00 an bundle
- Lavender wand making classes – small fee, lasting souvenir.
- Lavender Doll making classes – small fee, big fun!
- Kids games and activities.
- Garden Maze
- Petting Zoo
- Camel, Pony Cart, and Donkey Rides. (Yes you read that correctly – Camel rides…on our friend Eli)
- Photos in the lavender. You bring the camera we provide the props, hats, and photographer.
- Essential oil distillation
- Lavender De-budding
This year we have some amazing artists and craftspeople. Almost double of what we have had in past. Last years vendors included:
- Heart to Heart Designs – photo albums, cards and more.
- Sassy Glass – fused glass plates, platters, and art.
- Olympic Onion – amazing on everything…green onion powder.
- New Social Club – Fun up cycled clothing.
- Bird Houses by John Lavatai – amazing hand made bird houses.
- Treasures of the Tides – beach glass and driftwood jewelry.
- The Bag Ladies of Sequim – up cycled wool purses, wallets, and accessories.
- Lavender Skep Apiary – honey, honey. and honey sticks. Honey!
- Dungeness Gold – spices, sauces, and condiments.
- Coopers Gotta Have It – hand painted crystal nail files.
- Seahorse Inspirations – batik fabric clothing.
- For Your Nails Only – lavender paraffin hand dips and massage.
- New Dungeness Nursery – hanging baskets, perennials and more.
- Celias Gourmet Foods – gourmet vinegars and oils
- LA Designs – up cycled glass garden art
- Lark Studios – nuno felted chiffon silk scarves
- Port Angeles Food Bank
- West Sound Quilters
- Pixie and Corelli – Jewelry
- LuLaRoe – Clothing
- Have your picture taken in the fields of lavender by our resident photographer, with your camera (or phone)(or tablet)(or fancy futuristic watch.) Fun props, frames, and good times provided.
- Saturday morning (Weather permitting) We will be offering tethered hot air balloon rides (10-12)
This year we are offering a free shuttle service.
- Leaves every 20 minutes from 10am to 6pm Fri, Sat, and Sun.
- Three shuttle stops – Jardin du Soleil, Olympic Lavender, Museum and Arts Center Parking lot (Sequim and Fir)
- You can park at the farm and use the shuttle to get to the downtown street fair and in-city shuttle.
- 10$ per person (for all three days).
- Children 12 and under are free.
- Admission price covers entrance to Jardin du Soleil Lavender Festival and Olympic Lavender Festival only.
- Other festivals and farms may have additional fees for events during Sequim Lavender Weekend.
- Tickets available at both Jardin du Soleil and Olympic Lavender Farms
- Pre-sale tickets available online here. Pre-sale tickets include a $5 coupon that is good in the gift store for lavender weekend.
Jardin du Soleil Lavender Festival is part of Sequim Lavender Weekend, an amazing weekend where our community celebrates lavender in the Sequim Dungeness Valley. For more information please visit sequimlavenderweekend.com